Bolton Public Library's building was the
gift of Misses Emma and Anna Whitney in honor of their father Captain
Joseph Whitney. Its native stone and tile exterior, arched windows,
and oak-paneled Gothic interior lead some visitors to guess that
it was once a church; in fact, it has always been a library. The
building was formally dedicated in 1904.
The library houses over 15,000 books as
well as videos and books on tape. There are also several computers
for public use - one of which has high-speed-cable Internet access
via AT&T Broadband. The Library is a member of Central Massachusetts
Regional Library System, and an online affiliate of C/W Mars, a
library network serving central and western Massachusetts.
Bolton Public Library is governed by three
elected Trustees and supported by an active Friends Group.